Chapter 9: humiliated at work
Buhle sat on the couch in Vusi’s penthouse, her phone discreetly recording as he paced the balcony on another suspicious call. Her heart pounded as she listened to his words, her mind racing with the implications.
Vusi: “Make sure the documents are destroyed, I don’t care how you do it, just get it done.”
Vusi said, his voice low but urgent. Buhle’s hands trembled as she held her phone, the recording app running silently. But just as she was about to stop the recording, Vusi walked back inside, his eyes narrowing as he noticed her phone in her hand.
Vusi: “What are you doing?”
he asked, his tone sharp. Buhle froze, her mind scrambling for an excuse.
Buhle: “I was just… checking my messages.”
Vusi’s expression darkened as he stepped closer.
“Let me see your phone.”
Buhle: “Why?, It’s my phone.”
she asked, her voice shaking.
Vusi: “Because I said so,”
he snapped, his patience wearing thin. When she hesitated, he grabbed the phone from her hand, his eyes scanning the screen. The moment he saw the recording app, his face turned red with anger.
Vusi: “You’re spying on me?”
he shouted, his voice echoing through the penthouse.
Vusi: “What the hell is wrong with you?”
Buhle stood, her fear giving way to defiance.
Buhle: “I’m not spying on you, Vusi. I’m protecting myself. I know what you’re involved in, and I’m not going to let you drag me down with you.”
Vusi’s eyes narrowed, his voice cold.
Vusi: “You have no idea what you’re messing with, Buhle. Stay out of my business, or you’ll regret it.”
She grabbed her bag and headed for the door, her heart racing.
Buhle: “I’m done with this. And I’m done with you.”
As she left the penthouse, Buhle felt a mix of fear and relief. She had finally confronted Vusi, but she knew this wasn’t the end.
Zee lay in bed, her mind racing as she tried to fall asleep. But when she heard the creak of her bedroom door, she froze. Her heart pounded as she opened her eyes, only to see Sipho standing over her bed, his face shadowed in the dim light.
Zee: “Sipho?”
she whispered, her voice trembling.
Sipho: “You thought you could hide from me?”
he said, his voice low and menacing.
Sipho: “You’re mine, Zee. Always have been, always will be.”
Zee screamed, her voice piercing the silence of the night. Sipho hesitated, his eyes darting toward the door as the sound of footsteps echoed down the hallway.
Sipho: “You’ll regret this,”
he hissed before turning and running out of the room. Zee sat up, her hands shaking as she reached for her phone. She dialled Mandla’s number, her voice breaking as she spoke.
Zee: “Mandla, I need you. Please, just come over.”
As she waited for him to arrive, Zee couldn’t stop shaking. Sipho had crossed a line, and she knew she couldn’t ignore it anymore.
Thando sat at her desk at the hospital, trying to focus on her work. But her mind kept drifting to the warning messages and the blackmail threat. She had been on edge all day, jumping at every sound. When she heard a commotion in the hallway, she didn’t think much of it until Mlungisi’s wife stormed into her office, her eyes blazing with fury.
Mlungisi’s wife: “You!”
the woman shouted, pointing a finger at Thando.
Mlungisi’s wife: “You’re the one sleeping with my husband!”
Thando’s heart stopped as the entire office turned to stare.
Thando: “I—I don’t know what you’re talking about,”
she stammered, her face burning with shame.
Mlungisi’s wife: “Don’t lie to me,”
Mlungisi’s wife snapped, slamming a photo down on Thando’s desk. It was the same photo the private investigator had sent a clear shot of her and Mlungisi together. Thando’s stomach churned as she stared at the photo, her mind racing.
Thando: “This isn’t what it looks like,”
she said weakly.
Mlungisi’s wife: “Save it, you’re done. I’m going to make sure you never work in this hospital again.”
the woman said, her voice cold. As Mlungisi’s wife stormed out, Thando sank into her chair, her heart pounding. Her affair had been exposed, and now her career and her life were in ruins.
Comments
Post a Comment