Advertisement

Chapter 15: Jealous Fight

 




The rooftop confession made me feel excited and scared at the same time. We had crossed a line, and there was no going back. But as much as I wanted to believe in the future he’d promised, the reality of our situation was never far from my mind. The next day, we were scheduled to meet with a potential client a powerful woman named Victoria who had the connections to make or break the deal. I’d done my research, but nothing could have prepared me for the way she looked at Enzo.


The meeting took place in a sleek, modern office overlooking Central Park. Victoria was everything I had expected polished, confident, and strikingly beautiful. She greeted Enzo with a warm smile and a handshake that stayed just a little too long.

“Enzo, it’s been too long,” Victoria said, her voice smooth and inviting.

“Victoria,” Enzo replied, his tone polite but professional. “This is Amara Johnson, our Marketing Director.”

Victoria turned to me, her smile never wavering. “A pleasure to meet you, Amara.”

“Likewise,” I said, forcing a smile.


The meeting began, and I did my best to focus. But every time Victoria leaned in to make a point, her hand brushing Enzo’s arm, or laughed at something he said, I felt a knot of jealousy tighten in my stomach. Enzo, for his part, remained professional, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that there was more to their relationship than he was letting on.

After the meeting, we returned to the hotel, the tension between us thick and unspoken. I tried to push my feelings aside, but they bubbled to the surface as soon as we were alone.

“What was that about?” I asked, my voice sharper than I intended.

Enzo turned to me, his brow furrowed. “What are you talking about?”

“Victoria,” I said, crossing my arms over my chest. “The way she was looking at you, touching you it was like she owned you.”

Enzo’s expression softened, and he stepped closer. “Amara, it’s just business. Victoria is a powerful woman, and she knows how to play the game.”

“And what game is that, exactly?” I shot back, my voice rising. “Because it looked like she was playing a very different game than the one we’re here for.”

Enzo sighed, running a hand through his hair. “Amara, you’re overreacting. There’s nothing between me and Victoria.”

“Are you sure about that?” I asked, my eyes narrowing. “Because it didn’t look like nothing to me.”

Enzo’s jaw tightened, and he took a step closer. “Are you accusing me of something?”

“I’m just saying,” I said, my voice shaking with emotion. “If you’re going to be with me, I need to know that I can trust you.”



Enzo’s expression softened, and he reached out to take my hand. “Amara, you can trust me. I’m not interested in Victoria, or anyone else. I’m only interested in you.”


My breath hitched, but I didn’t pull away. “Enzo, I—” The rest of my protest was lost as his lips found mine, soft yet insistent. The kiss was slow and deep, a culmination of every bit of passion and longing we had tried so hard to ignore. When we finally broke apart, the air between us was charged, and we were both left breathless.

“Amara,” Enzo whispered, his voice rough with emotion.

I looked up at him, my heart hammering against my ribs. “Enzo, I need” My words were once again stolen, this time by a kiss of even greater intensity. It felt like a dam had broken, unleashing a torrent of tension and desire. There was no denying it now there was no turning back.



Comments