Chapter 56 : Divorce and Verdict
The courtroom felt colder than I remembered, the polished floors reflecting the tense energy of the room. Sandile sat across from me, his sharp suits and controlled posture doing little to hide the unease beneath. Mr. Ntuli, his lawyer, whispered strategy into his ear, but I barely noticed. My focus was clear. I had Ms. Dlamini on my side, my evidence laid bare, and the truth on my side.
Judge (firmly): “We are here to finalize the divorce between Nomusa Nkosi and Sandile Nkosi. Evidence has been presented regarding claims of infidelity, contribution to company formation, and asset ownership. Both parties will have the opportunity to speak.”
Sandile opened his mouth, but I ignored him, letting Mr. Ntuli attempt a weak defense.
Mr. Ntuli: “Your Honor, while the infidelity claims are noted, my client has been the financial backbone of the family and the company. These allegations should not disproportionately affect the division of assets”
Ms. Dlamini (calm, cutting): “Your Honor, the evidence we have provided is indisputable. Photos, messages, witness testimony, and financial documents clearly show Mr. Nkosi engaged in a sustained extramarital affair with Lerato, his PR manager. Furthermore, Mrs. Nkosi’s contributions to Nkosi Construction from the ground up winning tenders, managing projects, establishing operational systems cannot be overstated. The court must recognize both the infidelity and the professional contributions when considering equitable division.”
The judge nodded, reviewing the documentation. I felt a surge of vindication, the months of meticulous planning, private investigations, and patience crystallising into this moment.
Judge: “Testimony and evidence show that Nomusa Nkosi played an instrumental role in establishing and running Nkosi Construction, including handling complex tenders and stabilising projects critical to the company’s success. Furthermore, evidence of infidelity on the part of Sandile Nkosi has been substantiated.”
Sandile shifted uneasily in his seat, his jaw tightening.
Judge (continuing): “Considering the financial contributions of both parties, the proven misconduct, and the ongoing management and leadership of Nkosi Construction, the court rules as follows: Nomusa Nkosi will retain 65 percent of the company shares. Sandile Nkosi will retain 35 percent. All jointly held assets including properties, investments, and bank holdings will be allocated primarily to Nomusa Nkosi, with Sandile receiving an equitable portion in accordance with the remaining shares.”
Mr. Ntuli opened his mouth to argue further, but the judge raised a hand.
Judge: “This ruling is final. The evidence presented has been decisive. Nomusa Nkosi, you are recognised as the majority owner of Nkosi Construction and the primary beneficiary of the marital assets, given the circumstances.”
I exhaled slowly, a mix of relief and triumph flooding through me. Months of exclusion, manipulation, and humiliation had culminated in this moment. I was no longer powerless. I had my company, my dignity, and the life I had fought for.
Ms. Dlamini leaned slightly toward me, her eyes warm with approval.
Ms. Dlamini (quietly): “This is justice, Nomusa. You’ve earned it. Now you can move forward without compromise.”
I met her gaze, a quiet smile tugging at my lips.
Nomusa (thinking): Sandile thought he could erase me, humiliate me, and take everything I built. He was wrong. I have my empire, my assets, and my freedom. This is not just a victory it’s a restoration.
As the gavel fell, signalling the end of the proceedings, I stood, feeling the weight of the past months lift from my shoulders. Outside the courtroom, the sunlight was bright, full of possibility. I was finally free, finally in control, and nothing would take that away from me again.
Comments
Post a Comment