Advertisement

Chapter 16: The balance

 


I glanced up from my laptop, noticing Sandile humming softly as he stirred the tea.

Nomusa: “You know… you really shouldn’t spoil me so much. I’ll get used to it.”

Sandile smirked, setting the mug down in front of me.

Sandile: “Used to it? My love, you deserve it. Besides, someone has to make sure my favorite woman survives these long workdays.”

I laughed, shaking my head.

Nomusa: “Survive? Sandile, it’s not that bad. Just… sometimes the deadlines make me feel like I’m juggling too much.”

He knelt beside my chair, taking my hand in his.

Sandile: “Hey, look at me. You are incredible. And we’re in this together always. Nkosi Construction, the house, the baby… none of it is yours to carry alone.”

I let out a relieved sigh, smiling at the warmth in his eyes.

Nomusa: “You know, I sometimes forget how lucky I am. Not just for the business, or the house, or even… you. But for us. For this little family we’re building.”

Sandile pressed his forehead gently against mine.

Sandile: “And I’ll keep reminding you every day. You’re not just building a business, Nomusa. You’re building a life  with me, with our child. And I promise, I’ll never let you forget that.”

I laughed softly, leaning into him.

Nomusa: “Well… if you keep talking like that, I might just stop working and follow you around all day.”

Sandile chuckled, brushing a strand of hair from my face.

Sandile: “Then I’ll happily be your project manager for life.”

We both laughed, the sound filling the kitchen as the morning sunlight streamed through the window. And in that moment, amidst emails, calls, and deadlines, everything else faded. It really did feel like paradise  home, work, and love all perfectly intertwined.






Comments